community

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

NCAA Division II national championship

Pete Mohs and I must have been sharing a brain when it came to writing about the NCAA Division II national championship. http://www.pineandlakes.com/stories/040109/sports_20090401104.shtml
I intended to start my story off with a line similar to ‘getting second chances’, but Pete beat me to it.

Flecia Foster and Teresa Parker are two basketball players from Pequot Lakes. They were seniors when they helped take their high school team to state in 2005. They lost the state game back then.

But on March 27th, 2009, they had another opportunity to win ‘the big game’. The Minnesota State University of Mankato Maverick’s beat Franklin Pierce’s Raven’s to win the NCAA Division II National Championship!

I watched this game on TV. It was a great fast-paced, close-scoring, high-point game. The Maverick’s won with a score of 103-94. The Mavericks and Ravens combined points were a championship record of 197 points.

I wish the best to Flecia Foster and Teresa Parker and I’m proud of them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home