community

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

I was skimming my latest edition of the Northland Press, when I noticed a rectangular box. I often see it, with its bold headline Child In Need. I usually read what the box encloses.

I read Kinship Partner boxes to see if there is a child who might like me. As of yet, I haven’t discovered a match.

One of the things I have learned when it comes to volunteering is never force things to happen. You can’t bend life to your will and make it perfect. Don’t make things harder than they are. And don’t blame yourself for not being able to fix the entire world.

Just keep your eyes open. Be ready to do what’s needed. Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. Yes, that’s an old cliché. But it’s a good one.

Kinship Partners have a really nice website with lots of information to answer nearly any question you have. http://www.kinshippartners.org/

I explored around there a bit. I found out they have been around in Crow Wing County since 1986. They also have profiles of kids in need. If any one of them fits with your lifestyle, let Kinship know you’re interested. They have all the forms you need to fill out on their website.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home