community

Friday, February 22, 2008

Imagine dreaming the following poem. The words alive, translucent, shimmering: starkly contrasted by the colors "White, Brown, Yellow, and Red".

I Couldn’t Paint Golden Angels

I Couldn’t Paint Golden Angels.
White, Brown, Yellow, and Red
The common, regular ones
I could.
But not Golden Angels.

I Couldn’t Paint Golden Angels
Their illustrious image eludes me.
They are just out of reach
From my mind’s eye.
The Golden Angels

I Couldn’t Paint Golden Angels
How do you put a price…?
How do you put on paper…?
Something beyond grandness
Of Words or Pictures?
Golden Angels

I Couldn’t Paint Golden Angels
My heart can see them
But my hands can not.
What I wouldn’t give to
Be the One Who could
Paint Golden Angels.

I Couldn’t Paint Golden Angels
But to the One
Who can and does,
Thank-you.
We need them.
Golden Angels

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home